In this tutorial you will learn how to install and configure Wallaboard (Beta 1.0) in less then 60 seconds.
As for any other Wordpress theme, you simply need to add Wallaboard to your themes’ list and follow the automatic procedure for the installation.
At the end of this post you will find a complete screencast of the Installation&Configuration procedure.
Installing the theme
- Login into your WordPress installation backend
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Add a new theme and select the option “Upload Theme” (on the top of the page)
- Select the theme .zip file that you received after purchasing Wallaboard and clic on “Install Now”
- If everything went okay, just activate the installed theme
Activating Required Plugins
Wallaboard requires two plugins to run properly, namely “Page Builder” (by SiteOrigin) and the popular “Revolution Slider” . Both of them are included into the .zip file that you just installed. At this state, you simply need to activate those two plugins.
- Clic on “begin installing plugins”
- Select and activate both two required plugins
- Wait until the procedure is completed
IMPORTANT: Configuring the Screen Builder
As you probably know, in Wallaboard a screen is a set of different regions that host sequences of animations.
To design your screens, you need to activate and properly configure the page builder plugin. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Page Builder
- In the tab “General” be sure that the “screen” option is selected
- In the tab “Layout” be sure that the “Row Bottom Margin” and the “Row gutter” options are both set on 0px